Tomatoes are great for making pasta sauce, ketchup, and even tomato jam! The peeling must be removed for all of these wonderful recipes, but it is a very simple process. In fact, it is easier than peeling an apple as long as you know how to boil water.
All you need is a pan for boiling the tomatoes and a bowl for a tomato ice bath. Don’t forget the knife for coring!
- Remove the stems and the cores from the tomatoes.
- Fill a pan with enough water to cover the tomatoes and boil. Make an ice bath in another pan or bowl.
- Place the tomatoes in the pan of boiling water just long enough for the skins to crack â€“ about one minute â€“ sooner for small tomatoes, longer for larger tomatoes.
- Remove the tomatoes from the boiling water and place in the ice bath to cool them just enough to handle.
- Remove from the ice bath and peel away the skins. They should slide right off.
How to Remove Tomato Skins,